New Year in Orlando 2023 | Top 9 Things to Do, Events, Parties & More!
Weather in Orlando during New Year’s Eve
Average Temperature: 20.5°C
Highest Temp: 23°C
Lowest Temp: 18°C
Chances of Rain: 30% chances of rain on December 31st, 2022
What to Wear: Carry cotton clothes and shorts with you, as Orlando can get quite warm in December.
What to look out for: Keep yourself hydrated. Winter heat waves are likely to occur, especially during the daytime. Avoid stepping out in the afternoon.
Top 9 Things to do in Orlando on New Year's Eve
1. Head to Disney's Magic Kingdom for a magical New Year's Eve
Your favourite Disney characters are coming to Disney's Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve for a celebration that will stay with you for a long time. Take part in different activities, grab your favourite food and ring in 2023 with style.
- Watch the Toy Soldier parade at the Main Street Philharmonic and watch Disney characters bid 2022 goodbye.
- Stand outside Cindrella's Castle and see colourful projections and displays light up the place.
2. Visit the Sea Life at Orlando
Fond of the sea and sea animals? You can spend this New Year's Eve amidst different species of sea animals at Sea Life Orlando. It will be a unique way to bring in 2023 for you and your family.
- The aquarium organises fireworks, special rides and thrilling shows to entertain guests for their New Year event.
- Pet sea animals, feed them and watch them in their natural habitat while you participate in different activities.
3. Enjoy the last day of 2022 at Universal Orlando Resort
Fun rides, live bands, luxury stays, and holiday parades - Universal Orlando Resort has a one-of-a-kind celebration in store for you this New Year's Eve. Book your tickets and accommodation soon as it is one of the most visited resorts in the world.
- Revisit classic rock albums by well-known musicians and bands at Hard Rock Live.
- Avail special discounts for accommodation at hotels in Universal Orlando Resort like Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Hard Rock Hotel.
4. Head to the Edison for a New Year Bash
Back with another fun lineup for the New Year's Eve party, the Edison has many events planned for you this year. Enjoy music, good food, champagne toasts and dance your way to the beginning of 2023.
- There is an open dance floor where you can groove to your favourite tracks till the sun comes up.
- The entry for the standing section is just $25. It is ideal if you don't want to spend a lot.
5. Have a celebration at Icebar Orlando
Hollywood New Year's Eve Bash is back at Icebar Orlando! Starting at 8:00 PM, this year's event is planned to give its guests a wholesome celebration, from good food and drinks to endless entertainment at the venue.
- Take pictures with Britney Spears' impersonator at Icebar Orlando's souvenir photo booth.
- Want to try your luck at gambling? There are many casino games you can participate in.
6. Glam up for the New Year's Eve Gala at Alfond Inn
A fun night of glitz and glam awaits you at Alfond Inn for the New Year's Eve Gala. As this is the 8th edition, you can expect the celebration to be eight times better. Alfond Inn is known for its hospitality and the quality of food served at these parties.
- Enjoy five-star quality food at Alfond Inn. The menu is curated months in advance for the New Year's Eve Gala.
- Participate in the countdown to 2023, and the Times Square Ball Drop event is live-streamed here.
7. Plan a fun night with your family at Legoland Florida
Visiting Orlando with your family? Give your kids a kind of celebration they will never forget. Legoland Florida is bringing a unique celebration for your kids with special building activities, dance parties and a chance to chat with their favourite characters.
- Watch Lego-themed fireworks light up the sky over Lake Eloise and spend quality time with your family.
- The event ends at 8:00 PM, keeping kids in mind. Give your kids a fun evening before you head to celebrate yours.
8. Watch fireworks from 400 feet at Icon Park
Icon Park is known for its New Year's Eve celebration. It has many attractions within the entertainment complex, like Sea Life, Madame Tussauds, bars, restaurants, shops and a giant wheel that is 400 feet tall.
- Take pictures with the wax figures of your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds Museum, located inside the Icon Park complex.
- Get on the giant wheel right before midnight and watch fireworks from your seat up in the sky.
9. Have a Hollywood celebration at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Los Angeles comes to Orlando at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Located inside Walt Disney World Resort, ringing in the New Year at Hollywood Studios is a fun way to spend the last day of the year. You can expect a lot of activities this year and have a gala time with your loved ones.
- Watch festive lights on the streets and take pictures in a gorgeous setting.
- Sing along as the Forever Frozen show and watch performers throughout the night.
Parties & Events on New Year’s Eve in Orlando
1. New Year’s Eve Lobby Party at Hard Rock Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel is hosting a party this New Year’s Eve that promises a night of good food, music to groove to, live streaming of Times Square ball drop and more. Reserve your spot today!
Location: 5800 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819, United States | Find on MapKnow more
2. A musical night at Will’s Pub
The Woolly Bushmen, The Sh-Booms and The Palmettes will be playing live at Will’s Pub this New Year’s Eve. Grab a few drinks, live to their best songs and enjoy your night.
Location: 1042 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803, United States | Find on MapKnow more
3. Ball Drop Soirée at Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co.
Don your best suit or dress and go to Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co. for a night with in-house brewed beers, lip-smacking food and a special ball drop event organised by the brewery.
Location: 1300 Alden Rd, Orlando, FL 32803, United States | Find on MapKnow more
Plan Your New Year Eve in Orlando
By Car - Driving in a car is the most convenient way to travel in Orlando. The city is well-connected via roads.
By I-Ride Trolley - All the tourist destinations located within the International Drive are accessible via I-Ride trolleys. It is fast, cheap and fun!
By Bus - Lynx is the official bus transport service run by the government in Orlando. It covers the Greater Orlando area through 84 bus routes.
By Taxi - Don't have your own car or don't feel like renting one? Cab services are readily available in the city. The prices may be on the high side, but they offer comfort.
Maxine's On Shine - $4 to $30
White Wolf Cafe - $4 to $16
Hash House A Go Go - $16 to $28
The Capital Grille - $12 to $58
Kres Chophouse - $12 to $68
Jack's Place - $10 to $44
Quality Inn Orlando - From $62
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson - From $74
Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando - From $86
Crowne Plaza Orlando - From $110
Tru by Hilton - From $113
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - From $123
JW Marriott Orlando - From $289
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando - From $625
Four Seasons Resort Orlando - From $1757
Frequently Asked Questions About Celebrating New Year's Eve in Orlando
Theme parks in Orlando have special events where you can have an exhilarating New Year's Eve celebration. From meets and greets with your favourite characters to live performances and lip-smacking food, there is an event for everyone in Orlando, even kids! You can watch fireworks from the height of 400 feet at Icon Park or take your kids to Legoland Florida for a unique celebration.
All the best theme parks in Orlando, like Universal Orlando, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Magic Kingdom, Icon Park, Sea Life and Legoland Florida have special New Year's Eve events every year for their visitors. Alfond Inn has a New Year's Eve Gala where you can glam up and bring in the New Year. Visiting dancing clubs are also popular amongst visitors.
Orlando is not just about theme parks and dance clubs. Some of the offbeat things to do on New Year in Orlando are visiting the wildlife of Orlando, watching live theatrical performances, seeing festive displays on iconic landmarks and spending the evening at public squares to see fireworks from the streets.
If you have kids with you on your New Year's visit to Orlando, you must take them to Legoland Florida for an unforgettable experience. The event ends at a kid-friendly hour of 8:00 PM and has special building activities, dance parties and performances by well-known characters.
Owing to its many theme parks, people flock in huge numbers during New Year's Day to bring in the next year with a grand celebration. If you plan to visit Orlando at this time, you must book your tickets well in advance.
As Orlando is a popular tourist destination in Florida, it is extremely safe. On New Year, the city prepares to host people for its various events with open arms.
New Year's Eve Gala at Alford Inn, Disney's Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Icon Park's New Year's Eve celebration are some of the best events hosted on New Year in Orlando. Local clubs and bars also have special events, live band performances and many other fun activities you can go for.
You can watch fireworks light up Lake Eloise from Legoland Florida. The theme park has a special New Year's Eve party organised for kids. You can also watch fireworks from rooftop bars and the streets of Orlando.
The temperature in Orlando ranges between 18°C to 23°C with slight chances of rain. Heat waves are quite common during December, so carry loose-fitting clothes and a water bottle with you at all times.
Barbarella Orlando is a good club in Orlando with a New Year's Eve party. Aero Rooftop Bar & Lounge, Red Coconut Club, Rum Jungle, The Patio and The Crow Orlando are other popular clubs with good events.
Quality Inn Orlando, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson and Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando are some budget-friendly options to stay in Orlando during the New Year.
JW Marriott Orlando, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando and Four Seasons Resort Orlando are some luxury stay options in Orlando.
Maxine's On Shine, Hash House A Go Go and White Wolf Cafe are good brunch options in Orlando.
Orlando's theme parks are a popular destination for New Year's Eve as there are special events organised. It also has many clubs where people like to spend the last day of the year, dancing the night away.